Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrugated Gable Wall in Steel Building

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1692 Views, 8 Replies

Corrugated Gable Wall in Steel Building

I am modelling a steel building using REVIT 2022. The building is covered with ZincAlum Metal Cladding (that is corrugated metal sheets).

I have created a custom curtain wall family for the corrugated sheet and used it in my model. It works fine for rectangular walls. But when i use it for the gable side, revit gives and error and replace the custom panel with the system panel.

How can I fix this? This is a big issue for me. Please help.

Labels (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Create the corrugated flutes as mullions, not panels.  Your curtain wall type has corrugated mullions and Empty System Panel.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Can you guide me on that?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Can you guide me on that?
Message 5 of 9
ToanDN
Message 6 of 9
barthbradley

Do you know anything about Divided Surfaces and Pattern-Based Curtain Panels? That'll work on all sides of your  building, including the gable sides.

FWIW: here's a link to raised seam cladding Pattern-Based Curtain Panel Revit families you can download for free:     

ANGLE SEAM CLADDING (elZinc) | Free BIM object for ArchiCAD, Revit, Revit, ArchiCAD, Revit, Revit | ...

...here's a Revit Pattern Based Curtain Walls video tutorial for you. There's a bunch more out there - just a keywords search away. 

REVIT: Pattern Based Curtain Walls - YouTube

Message 7 of 9
barthbradley

Oops. Missed the "Corrugated" part? Is that the solid black I'm seeing in your screenshot?  That would explain it.  You would probably be better of just painting the sides of the building solid black. That would produce nearly the same result as modeling ribs every 4 or 5 inches.  At 1/4" = 1'-0" scale, that would mean a rib every 1/16" thereabouts.  If you factor in your Model Line Weight at that scale, 1/16" spacing is basically zero spacing.  Yep...that would explain the solid black I'm seeing in your screenshot.   

Have fun with that.  

Message 8 of 9
RDAOU

@Anonymous 

Check out this post reply 7 and the file sample @syman2000 uploaded therein, it should help you with the corrogated sheets you are modeling

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/how-to-cut-out-parts-of-imported-families/m-p/10473585

Screenshot_20210818-081508_Samsung Internet.jpg

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Got it. Thanks for the quick reply. It really means a lot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report