Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artcam 2018 Installation/licensing problem

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
6294 Views, 9 Replies

Artcam 2018 Installation/licensing problem

I now have a perpetual license for Artcam 2018.  I have had Artcam installed on 3 different computers (one in my office, one in my shop and on a laptop).  Recently, two of the three have stopped working saying I'm not licensed to run them on this machine.  I've tried downloading from my Autodesk account and reinstalling to no avail.  

From now on, will I only be able to have Artcam installed on one computer at a time or am I seeing some other sort of problem?  Thanks!!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Gary.B
in reply to: Anonymous

2018 only allows install to 2 computers, you may have to use the license transfer utility to unregister one computer.

I'm sure Dillon will advise the correct procedure on this one.

Gary

Carveco Distributor USA; Legacy ArtCAM Training & Support
Beckwith Decor Products
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Gary.B

Thanks for info!!! That clears one thing up.

Message 4 of 10
dillon.moulder

Hi @Anonymous,

@Anonymous wrote:

I now have a perpetual license for Artcam 2018.  I have had Artcam installed on 3 different computers (one in my office, one in my shop and on a laptop).  Recently, two of the three have stopped working saying I'm not licensed to run them on this machine.  I've tried downloading from my Autodesk account and reinstalling to no avail.  

From now on, will I only be able to have Artcam installed on one computer at a time or am I seeing some other sort of problem?

Regarding the maximum number of computers permitted for a single-user perpetual license, please refer to this article from the Autodesk Knowledge Network (AKN).

Please provide screenshots of any error or warning messages that you encounter when trying to use Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2018 on your computers. 

Please confirm whether you updated the serial number on each of your computers, as directed in the FAQ. You should have replaced the serial number associated with your subscription with the serial number associated with your complimentary perpetual license.

When you re-installed Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2018 on your computers, please confirm whether you followed the exact set of steps below:

1. Complete a clean uninstall of Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2018 from your computer.
  2. Download the Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2018 installer from your Autodesk Account using the Browser Download method. The downloaded ArtCAM_Standard_2018_ML_Win_64bit_dlm.sfx.exe file is 576 MB (604,708,864 bytes) in size on disk.
  3. Right-click the downloaded ArtCAM_Standard_2018_ML_Win_64bit_dlm.sfx.exe file, then select the Run as administratorcontext menu option.
  4. Click OK to extract the installer to C:\Autodesk on your computer. The created ArtCAM_Standard_2018_ML_Win_64bit_dlmfolder is 1.38 GB (1,491,832,832 bytes) in size on disk.
  5. If the Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2018 installer starts automatically, click Exit, followed by Yes to cancel the installation process.
  6. Browse to C:\Autodesk\ArtCAM_Standard_2018_ML_Win_64bit_dlm on your computer.
  7. Right-click the Setup.exe file, then select the Run as administrator context menu option. Complete the installation process.
  8. Shut down Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2018.
  9. Download the ArtCAM 2018.2.1 Update installer from your Autodesk Account. The downloaded ArtCAM_2018.2.1.msp file is 80.4 MB (84,393,984 bytes) in size on disk.
  10. Double-click the ArtCAM_2018.2.1.msp file. Complete the installation process.
  11. Install the Relief Clipart Library using the instructions in this article from the Autodesk Knowledge Network.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: dillon.moulder

The last computer that was running Artcam just stopped.  This same thing happened on my other computers before I tried to reinstall.  It happens right after a Windows 7 update on all three computers.  Artcam opens OK, but when I go to open a file, I get this:    (tried it seven times.  tried to restart the computer and go again, same problem.  Screenshot 2018-10-11 17.11.23.png

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

here are the details of the report.....Screenshot 2018-10-11 21.13.58.png

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

I just did a complete clean uninstall as you suggested in your email and followed the instructions carefully.  I also changed the keys in the registry and deleted all of the files as suggested in the registration/licensing problems section.    I unpacked the files as an administrator and when it automatically opened the set up file, I closed it and then ran the set up as an administrator.  The only variance from the instruction was that I, at first, clicked on the sign-in button rather than the "enter a serial number" button, got screen than said I had 0 (zero) days on a trial, then clicked the link that said "already have an account" or something like that.  It took me back to a place for a serial number.  I entered the serial number from my Autodesk account for Artcam.  BTW, that serial number was already in the box when I went to enter it.  Then I got this screen. Screenshot 2018-10-11 17.11.23.png

Message 8 of 10
dillon.moulder

Hi @Anonymous,

@Anonymous wrote:

The last computer that was running Artcam just stopped.  This same thing happened on my other computers before I tried to reinstall.  It happens right after a Windows 7 update on all three computers.  Artcam opens OK, but when I go to open a file, I get this:    (tried it seven times.  tried to restart the computer and go again, same problem.  

@Anonymous wrote:

here are the details of the report.....

@Anonymous wrote:

I just did a complete clean uninstall as you suggested in your email and followed the instructions carefully.  I also changed the keys in the registry and deleted all of the files as suggested in the registration/licensing problems section.    I unpacked the files as an administrator and when it automatically opened the set up file, I closed it and then ran the set up as an administrator.  The only variance from the instruction was that I, at first, clicked on the sign-in button rather than the "enter a serial number" button, got screen than said I had 0 (zero) days on a trial, then clicked the link that said "already have an account" or something like that.  It took me back to a place for a serial number.  I entered the serial number from my Autodesk account for Artcam.  BTW, that serial number was already in the box when I went to enter it.  Then I got this screen. 

Sorry for not responding sooner, but I'm based in the United Kingdom and you had posted outside of business hours. If you require support from me specifically, please check what time it is for me here.

Your screenshots show the Crash Error Reporting system in Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2018. The reason you have encountered a crash is because you are still working in Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2018 (Version: 2018.0.0 Build: 2017-03-30-0901-b7123cac7). You have not installed the Autodesk ArtCAM 2018.2.1 Update as directed in steps 9 and 10 in this post above. If you had installed the Autodesk ArtCAM 2018.2.1 Update and were working in Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2018 (Version: 2018.2.1 Build: 2018-01-24-1433-35b6f7e11), you would not have encountered this issue.

I've replied to the two crash error reports you submitted yesterday, and have provided instructions to install the Autodesk ArtCAM 2018.2.1 Update.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Otherwise, please be so kind as to accept my response as a solution. Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Dillon advised me to download Autodesk ArtCAM 2018.2.1 Update.  I cannot find this file in either my updates or manage products and downloads section.  I can't seem to locate it.  Dillon is out of the office until Monday morning.  Can someone help me to locate this file on my account this weekend?  Autodesk ArtCAM 2018.2.1 Update.  Thanks!!!

Message 10 of 10
dillon.moulder

Hi @Anonymous,

@Anonymous wrote:

Dillon advised me to download Autodesk ArtCAM 2018.2.1 Update.  I cannot find this file in either my updates or manage products and downloads section.  I can't seem to locate it.  Dillon is out of the office until Monday morning.  Can someone help me to locate this file on my account this weekend?  Autodesk ArtCAM 2018.2.1 Update.  Thanks!!!

I expect certain updates are no longer available to download from your Autodesk Account because you no longer have an active maintenance plan or subscription. While I cannot change this situation, I've sent further instructions to your registered email address that should enable you to download and install the necessary updates associated with Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2018, Autodesk Manufacturing Data Exchange Utility 2018, Autodesk Manufacturing Post Processor Utility 2018 and the Autodesk License Service.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report